8/22/08

Friday Afternoon Stud of the Week

I am a regularly reader of Roll Bama Roll, one of my favorite Bama-themed blogs. I enjoy all of the author's insightful posts about Bama football throughout the week...then come to Friday, when he posts photos of his blog "babe," and then goes onto post some "beefcake" aimed toward his female readership. Let me assure you, the beefcake pictures are done in jest...no good-looking man in the bunch!

Now that there is a woman doing a Bama blog--that would be moi--I think it's only fair that I instigate a regular weekly post entitled "Friday Afternoon Stud of the Week."

Surely, I could come up with studs from the Alabama sports program...but I am actually going to make the rule that I must go outside the "family" for my weekly favorite, and that they need to prove athletic prowess (not just a pretty face!).

With that in mind, then, I must go to the Olympics where I have found many a stud in the pool, on the track field, on the basketball court, even on the gymnastics mat. I have found myself cheering, of course, for any American who is involved in the competition. But, beyond that, I find myself cheering for the stud!

Therefore, my inaugural Stud of the Week award goes to the entire American swimming team for (1) their incredible studliness and (2) the joy they gave me as I saw them win the 4 x 200 relay that gave Michael Phelps his second gold of the games. (I have never yelled so loudly and jumped up and down quite so boisterously while watching a SWIMMING race).


And in case you need some Bama news this afternoon...

** This is a good read on receiver Mike McCoy's improved play and leadership. I think he's going to be a good one this year!

** Here is a good read on moves made yesterday by Coach Saban (Lorenzo Washington to defensive end; Josh Chapman and Terrance Cody fighting for nose tackle position).

** Here is a good read on Alabama getting ready for Clemson in practice (just eight days!!!)

I hope you all have a great weekend. It's the last one without college football--so enjoy the sleep you can get tonight and Saturday night!

2 comments:

Todd Jones said...

How dare you say Stewart Granger isn't good looking!

Cheryl Wray said...

Todd--
Sorry...I guess I wasn't looking at him quite right. Let me refresh my memory, and maybe he'll be better looking this time. :-)