8/29/08

It's kinda like Christmas Eve.

You remember the feeling, don't you? You're a little kid and all you can do is think about what's coming tomorrow. You'll rush through the evening's activities, trying to hurry the hours along. And then, when you finally get in bed, you won't be able to go to sleep.

It's just all too darned exciting, and you're not sure if you can make it those last few hours or not.

That's kinda how I feel today.

I got my first taste of college football last night, and boy did it ever feel good. I watched South Carolina smoke N.C. State (they really creamed them, but SC still looked very shaky), and then caught updates of Vanderbilt beating Miami (Oh.). I was glad to see the SEC go 2-0 on opening day.

And now comes the real fun.

Just one more day until Alabama vs. Clemson, and I've got that "I'm really excited, but I also feel like I could puke" feeling in my stomach. I go from feeling really good about our chances...to realizing that, really, we don't have enough experience to win it...but then back to thinking maybe we do have a chance after all. And then I just settle down and realize that the game is really a no-lose situation. This is still a rebuilding year...we're young...and it's going to be a great time to see what the future holds. But, then, wouldn't it be great if we won?!

So, I'm biding my time with "real" stuff (like that pesky thing called Work; dang it, that I can't get paid to just surf around Bama sites and blogs all day long) until The Day gets here.

Back in a bit with my weekend predictions...

2 comments:

TOPolk said...

You know, I just developed that whole "so excited that you end up queasy" feeling as well (hence why I'm here, I wanted to see what the other side was feeling). A feeling that's usually reserved for the South Carolina game. Time can't move fast enough...

And I wish we could say its a no lose situation for us. The media has drawn us up as a team that never wins the big game (completely forgetting about our '81 national championship and 13 ACC titles) and I think I speak for everyone here in saying that we're ready to shake that. Also with whispers of us being BCS Championship contenders, everything's riding on this game. So yeah, it's sort of a big deal.

I want a good game just as much as you do...but man, Tiger Nation wants this win so bad it's not funny right now.

Phats said...

I believe someone predicted a big Bama win ya you know! :)

I would like a thank you and a cupcake please :) haha