9/5/08



Each week, the Crimson and White Roundtable questions are discussed on various Bama-themed blogs. I thought I'd start joining the fun, and am excited to answer the questions for this week.

(The Roundtable is hosted by the Tide Druid. Go read his take on these questions, and enjoy all the good stuff on his blog.)

Question #1: Due to that colossal victory over a Top 10 team in Clemson, Alabama has shot up in the polls (13th in AP and 17th in Coaches). What are your feelings on Alabama’s current position in the polls? (Too High? Too Low? Just Right?) Expound on this if you can.

High ratings are great, because they put you in a better position for good post-season bowl games. That said, though, I certainly think there is a danger in peaking too high. Still..#13 and even #17 sure feels good to a lot of Bama fans, myself included. It's been awhile since we've been able to really revel in a quality win and we're all enjoying the national attention right now.

Honestly, if I were a pollster, I would have shot us up to around #15 (so I guess the polls have it pretty right). I certainly think that we would have a good chance of beating most of the teams sitting between 15 and 20.

The challenge here is exactly what Coach Saban apparently preaches to all of his players (and us fans) about. To not rest on the higher ranking; to use it as encouragement to get better week by week, so you can continue to climb in the polls.

#2: We’re all a little shocked at how much Alabama dominated that game on Saturday. What aspect of the game did Alabama control that shocked you the most?

"Dominance" is the word I kept muttering to myself the night of that game, and pretty much this whole week since. It's been a very long time since we have truly dominated. And what I liked was that it was done on BOTH the offensive and defensive lines. I felt pretty good about our offensive line going in, but was very pleasantly surprised by the pressure that the defense put on the Clemson team all night long.

#3: Name your player of the game on Offense. Also name one on Defense.

There were excellent players on both sides of the ball. But I will have to go with two newcomers--freshman running back Mark Ingram for the offense (that guy can pound, can't he?) and tackle Terrence Cody (he lived up to his billing as "Mount "Cody). I would, though, also give an honorable mention to: John Parker Wilson on offense (it was really comforting to see him look so, well, comfortable in the game plan. He looked in control the whole time!). I think that our season hinges a lot on how Wilson performs. As he goes, so does the rest of the offense!

Thanks for letting me join in the fun on the Roundtable.

I have my Bama vs. Tulane tickets in my hot little hand, and I am already pumped about heading down to Bryant Denny tomorrow. Roll Tide!


4 comments:

Kelly said...

If only you would have stayed in Fayetteville, we could be enjoying a RAzorback blog instead! HA!

Phats said...

ROLL TIDE and BOILER UP! both got wins today WOOHOO :)

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the Roundtable on all the blogs. I agree with you. I think mark Ingram is going to be great. he had another good game yesterday.

Phats said...

Hey where's the update!?

We didn't dominate like we should either. Nothing like college gameday atmosphere!