9/7/08

There is something special about...

the first home game of the season!

I have season tickets to the home games and the rule for the tickets goes something like this: "Mom gets to go to all of the games. Then, the rest of you can fight over who gets to go with her." Yesterday, Delaney won the argument (actually, she has to go to the early season games because her travel softball tournament schedule gets going pretty soon afterward) and got to attend the Alabama vs. Tulane game.

The game was surprisingly disappointing (our offense just sputtered all day long and we never got much of anything going...let's just say that Coach Saban can tell us he was right all along about us not getting too ecstatic from our win over Clemson...but, as I like to say, a win is a win is a win!).

So, Delaney and I had a great time in Tuscaloosa for game day.

We enjoyed watching the decorations and festivities on the way into town...

getting all dressed up and ready to go, with our tickets in hand.

heading down the Strip towards campus...

enjoying the statues outside Bryant Denny...

and (my favorite!) posing in the spot reserved for the statue of our next national championship-winning coach...

then enjoying our new seats this year (we're in a great spot with a really good view of the action!)...


There is nothing like spending an afternoon and evening on campus and in the stadium. The sounds of Roll Tide, the aroma of nachos (the new Dreamland bbq nachos smell wonderful!), and the feel of the cool breeze ... just a wonderful time! (I'm hoping that next week's fun time...with McKenna this time around...will also involve a lot more touchdowns on our part!)

Tomorrow...

the Day After Analysis.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Tide Chick! Love your blog! We just made it home from the game, too! Stop by my blog some time this week and hopefully I'll have some pics up by then! It's going to be a hard week for us...getting back into the swing of things after the hurricane, but I'll get them and my blog updated soon!

Becky W said...

Roll Tide!! Heather told me about your blog. I was there Saturday as well!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures, Cheryl!

ROLL TIDE!

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Laura and Becky--It's GREAT to meet more Bama gals!!! I will come check out your blogs!

And Hey Anon!